Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
Software Test Engineer (17/STEJ)
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, creating, executing and reviewing software test plans, test cases and results reports that are leading the way in assuring the high quality of Randox Laboratories Ltd products. You will have the ability to work with Design, Software and Hardware Engineers and be at the forefront of testing and driving new products though your experience of Software Testing.
This position will be based at our Headquarters in Crumlin, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland.
• Play a major role to improve quality, functionality, reliability and usability of products
• Participate in test strategy development for one or more areas of a product.
• Design and Develop comprehensive test plans with differing software design methodologies
• Responsible for creating, locating and acquiring data required for testing assignments.
• Perform thorough test case execution and analysis reporting
• Work in cross-platform environments - Unix/Linux and Windows
• Responsible for understanding entire system and reporting on the test coverage.
• Responsible for creating, executing and recording the results of test cases.
• Identification and recording of software defects within a problem-tracking system.
• Responsible for reporting testing activity status.
• Responsible for testing time period estimation
• Ensure system is tested to a high quality standard
The successful applicant will have:
• A higher-level qualification in a Computer related discipline or be able to demonstrate the necessary industrial experience – Minimum 2 years.
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in the area of software testing.
• Good knowledge of software testing processes and testing methodologies: V-Model, Waterfall and Agile.
• Experience of an issue/problem reporting tool.
• Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a structured way, using your initiative to remove ‘blockers’ to progress the work assigned to you
• Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work in a logical manner.
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Desire to learn and explore new technologies.
Familiarity with at least two of the following programming languages is desirable but not essential: C#, C++, Delphi, VB and Java
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Please apply below.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer