Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated Software Tester to be part of the IT Software Development department. Working as part of a small testing team on current and future Randox IT Software development projects, largely web based. The successful candidate shall be required to help coordinate and perform testing as well as infrastructure support and customer support as required.
This role will be based at our IT facility in our Science Park, Co. Antrim.
• Possess a higher-level qualification, ideally in a software related discipline.
• Experience in a Software Testing role, must be able to demonstrate appropriate experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must possess excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work.
• Good knowledge of software testing processes and testing methodologies: V-Model, Waterfall and Agile.
• Experience in reviewing software requirements, preparing and execution of test cases, reporting of defects and preparation of test reports.
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Willing to learn and explore new technologies.
• Certification from the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
• Experience in the application of statistics.
• Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
• Knowledge of creating moderately complex SQL queries.
• Experience of an issue reporting tool: Bugzilla, Microsoft Test Manager or HPQC.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Liaise with IT Development teams to determine current and future requirements in order to plan and co-ordinate testing projects.
• Report on status of test projects, both orally and in written format.
• Responsible for understanding entire system and reporting on the test coverage.
• Ensure that all systems are tested to a high quality, ensuring compliance with appropriate internal procedures.
• Write detailed bug reports and provide objective and fair feedback to software development teams.
• Ensure all software is tested in a controlled situation before going live and that all testing is fully documented.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer