Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Molecular Laboratory Team Leader to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
This position will be based at Science Park, Antrim.
• The smooth and efficient running of the laboratory ensuring that all laboratory based testing for Molecular Diagnostics and clinical trial samples is conducted accurately in conjunction with Randox Standard Operating Procedures
• The supervision of staff and the allocation of duties
• Ensuring that all members of the team are performing optimally according to their level
• The training and development of staff and the conducting of regular training reviews
• Providing advice and guidance on technical issues associated with Molecular Diagnostic Testing
• To ensure best practice in the provision of a Molecular Diagnostic Service and to keep up to date with latest developments and trends in Molecular Diagnostics
• Attend meetings of various national and international societies such as IBMS
• Ensuring that the analytical facilities and testing equipment provided by Randox are maintained and developed in line with market and regulatory needs
• Ensure development of new test methods is established to be within, and fulfill, regulatory requirements
• Liaising with the Laboratory Manager in the review, confirmation and reporting of results
The successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Relevant Experience
• Qualified to at least degree standard with a 2:1 grade of above in any of the below: Biomedical Science and Diploma in Professional Practice, Biochemistry, or a Life Science.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages).
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
• Ability to interpret and analyse data
• Working knowledge of quality systems.
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety including CoSHH.
Please quote the appropriate job reference 17/MLTL in all communication.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer