Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
Buyers are responsible for purchasing products and services from suppliers, which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability.
The role requires support of the departmental strategic objectives and progression of our preferred suppliers.
This role involves negotiating; the ordering of materials, notably scientific products and components for our R&D and manufacturing divisions, ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued production, while abiding by principles of lean management. This role will also require communicating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification. Preparing and issuing quotation requests, carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation; negotiating with suppliers whilst monitoring cost and exploring and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to manage and build relationships with suppliers across a diverse spend portfolio.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to degree level (at least 2:1) in a Science related discipline
• Scientific background (similar role or laboratory focused)
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills
• The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Be driven and self-motivated
• Experience of sourcing suppliers
• CIPS qualified
• Experience of conducting negotiations
Full training will be provided
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.