Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Laboratory Analysts to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
This position will be based within our Laboratory in Randox Science Park, Co. Antrim.
• Routine use of the RCLS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMs).
• Performance of various analytical procedures including various manual screening and automated methods covering a wide variety of clinical diagnostic tests
• Preparation and handling of samples and diagnostic reagents
• Preparation of various automated analytical systems
• Accurate maintenance of analytical records
• Strict adherence to chain of custody procedures throughout the analytical process.
• Routine maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation.
• Troubleshooting on technical issues associated with clinical diagnostic testing
• Collection and preparation of biological specimens for testing
• Preparation of specimens for transportation to ensure that their stability is safeguarded during shipment to the appropriate analytical laboratory
The successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
• A BSc in Biomedical Science and Diploma in Professional Practice or alternatively qualified to at least degree standard in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology or a Life Science
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages)
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
• Working knowledge of quality systems.
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety including CoSHH
• Experience in operating various automated analytical systems including but not limited to Rx Daytona Plus, Rx Imola, Siemens Immulite XPi, Advia Centaur, Roche Urisys, Sysmex Xs-1000i, Evidence Investigator, Evidence, ELISA and Erythrocye Sedimentation Rate (ESR) Instruments