Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Laboratory Assistant to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
This position will be based within our Laboratory in Randox Science Park, Antrim.
• Routine use of the RCLS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMs).
• Receipt and Accession of Randox Health, Clinical Trial, Internal R&D, Production, EQA and QC Samples for Analysis.
• Specimen Analysis, Storage and Disposal.
• Maintenance of Sample Inventory.
• Strict adherence to chain of custody procedures throughout the analytical process.
• Operation and Maintenance of the SYSMEX XS-1000i Haematology Analyser.
• Operation and Maintenance of the Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) Analyser.
• Ownership of External Quality Control (EQA) Schemes for Urine Dipstick, Urine Chemistries and Full Blood Count involving the review, filing and storage of quality control records
• Maintenance of Stock Control in laboratory
• Removal of expired products.
• Preparation of specimens for transportation to ensure that their stability is safeguarded during shipment to the appropriate analytical laboratory
• Recording and monitoring of temperatures for laboratory equipment
The successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Educated to, at least, A Level or equivalent in a science related subject
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Highly motivated, independent and proactive; ability to anticipate needs and take appropriate action
• Adaptable and enjoy working in fast paced environment
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages)
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly