Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We require highly motivated and dedicated individuals to work within our busy Formulation Department as Serum Scientists. The successful applicants will be responsible for the filtration/formulation of Randox control materials in accordance with order and product specifications.
• Formulation and Filtration of Serum Products.
• Preparation of Formulation Records.
• Manufacture of Serum Quality Controls
• Manufacture of non-serum controls such as serology controls, toxicology controls, fructosamine controls, whole blood controls and various calibrators and standards
• In-house manufacture of liquid protein controls, including ammonium sulphate cuts, silica absorption process, final stage spiking and formulation of diluents and buffers required for the process
• The adherence to formulation protocols covering the manufacture of the full range of Randox serum control material in accordance with the departmental ISO framework.
• The accurate completion of formulation records for every batch of component manufactured.
• Review of QC Results.
• The operation and routine maintenance of various types of departmental equipment and analytical instrumentation.
• Be qualified to at least degree level, with at least a 2.1 in a life science discipline.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with an eye for details and the ability to prioritise work.
• Ability to reliably operate different types of equipment and analytical instrumentation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Packages.
• Good mathematical skills for a wide range of scientific calculations.
• Relevant experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment.
• Working knowledge of quality systems.
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety including CoSHH.
• Experience using a stock control system such as Sage would be advantageous.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
How to apply:
Submit a CV via e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please quote the appropriate job reference 19N/FSSG in all communication.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer