Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We require a Maintenance Engineer to join our Manufacturing department to ensure all process equipment is maintained to company standard and to develop processes and equipment to improve efficiency of the area.
Maintenance Engineer (Job Ref: 19/PMEW)
• Ensure all maintenance practices are adhered to either through operator preventative maintenance schedules or direct maintenance schedules.
• Develop maintenance schedules in order to improve cost effective use of equipment.
• Identify improvement in equipment and processes that will increase the output/yield of systems.
• Validation of existing equipment to relevant standards.
• Development of existing designs and processes to improve performance or cost-effectiveness.
• Specifying bought-in engineering products and services.
• Identification and evaluation of suppliers of engineering products and services.
• Where appropriate carry out routine preventative maintenance.
• Respond to machine breakdowns and identify solutions and carry out corrective action as appropriate.
• Maintaining technical documentation e.g. specifications, design drawings, design calculations, reports, procedures and documents required by the quality management system and Maintenance Manuals.
• Trouble-shooting technical problems on existing designs, and identifying possible solutions.
• Adherence to company Positive work Environment Policies, health & safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Have a minimum of a time served apprenticeship
• Working knowledge of electrical/mechanical/pneumatic fault finding techniques.
• Knowledge and experience of preventative maintenance practices.
• Hold a full UK drivers licence
• HNC or higher in Electrical / Mechanical engineering
• Computer literate.
• Experience of Health and Safety requirements.
• Experience of Quality issues.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 27th February 2019.
Please quote job reference 19/PMEW in all communication.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer