Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
We require highly motivated and enthusiastic Molecular Laboratory Scientists to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
These positions will be based at Science Park, Antrim.
• Routine use of the RCLS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMs).
• The preparation and handling of samples and diagnostic reagents.
• The operation of various automated analytical systems
• Ensuring that all documentation and records of analytical results are fully completed, stored securely and archived as required.
• Strict adherence to chain of custody procedures throughout the analytical process.
• The routine maintenance analytical instrumentation.
• The training of staff in Molecular processes as advised by the Laboratory Manager.
• Perform troubleshooting on technical issues associated with Molecular diagnostic testing
• Ensuring that all the necessary quality control checks are completed daily and that they meet internal criteria.
• Analysis and submission of all appropriate Molecular proficiency testing programs.
• Ensure that all methods used for testing in the Laboratory are validated prior to ensure conformity with regularity requirements and/or manufacturers claims in the Instructions for Use
• Sample reporting will be conducted according to standard operating procedures and in line with specific protocols agreed with customers
• Complete Fit for Purpose Assessments for the Molecular Assays routinely run in RCLS according to ISO17025 guidelines
• Adherence to company Positive work Environment Policies, health & safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
The successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Qualified to at least degree standard with a 2:1 grade of above in any of the below:
Biomedical Science and Diploma in Professional Practice, Biochemistry, or a Life Science.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages).
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
• Ability to interpret and analyse data
• Working knowledge of quality systems.
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety including CoSHH.